Dec 8, 2012

Aussie Christmas Nail Challenge - Summer Sunset

The theme for yesterday's Aussie Christmas Nail challenge was Summer Sunset.  I went with the obvious gradient manicure.  I tried to come up with something different but really a gradient is just perfect for sunset nails.
I used a lot of different polishes for this.  First I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls to cover up my red Gelicious polish with a whitish base coat.  It would have been easier to work with the red as part of the sunset but I wanted to use the China Glaze Summer Neons for an eye searing sunset and neons pop more over white.
So I first did a gradient using the yellow, orange, red, magenta and blue China Glazes with OPI Tomorrow Never Dies for the indigo purple sky above the sunset.  I wasn't happy with the result though so I sponged over with piCture pOlish Crazy, Ulta3 Honolulu, piCture pOlish Fake Tan, Ulta3 Carrot Top, Sinful Colors Dream On and piCture pOlish Cosmos for the starry night sky.
Then I finished with some OPI Goldeneye on the tips and 3 coats on my thumb, and a layer of INM Out The Door Northern Lights Hologram Topcoat Gold for extra stars.  Phew that's a long name!  My thumb is supposed to represent the sun setting on the horizon and my nails are the sunset coloured sky.
It's a bit messy and was a bit ambitious using so many colours but I like the result.  Too bad it has to come off for tomorrows Green theme.


6 comments:

  1. Just AMAZING!!!
    And this makes me so excited that I'm getting Goldeneye for Christmas haha! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out the details, Chantelle xx
    http://apolishedprance.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is absolutely stunning!!! I'm in love <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw the link on fb from picture polish :-)
    Wow what an amazing mani you have done here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colours, they make a great gradient together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...